Referenced DLVP - No Snaps

BenV

Question

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. So I have a referenced DLVP. Everything is great. I have then imported all the classes from the referenced File via Viewport Class Properties Dialog, with the hopes that in conjunction with the "Use current document's class visibilities" I can selectively turn geometry on and off without mucking with the referenced file. This all works, except that when I turn "Use current document's class visibilities" On, I lose the ability to snap to anything in the viewport! 2D Top/Plan as well as all 3D snaps. Can't set working planes to faces, etc.

Thoughts?

1 answer to this question

Firstly I wouldn't import all the Classes into your file. The advantage of the DLVP it to keep the file size down and minimize the number of classes among may other things. If you need to turn off classes in the reference file you do it through the DLVP the same way you do in a normal viewport. Its very flexible. But this hasn't answered your question.

Edited by Alan Woodwell