HELP...lost a whole drawing after purge

I am in deep poo here.

I have a .dwg import file that I worked on and developed into a proposal. It imported it's own sheets, symbols and stuff. So as I developed the drawing I purged the file as I went. 

BUT - I"VE LOST EVERYTHING...arrrhh.

I think I purged then when straight into working on a sheet layer to set up my title boxes. As I set that up I am sure I saved, then carried on setting up the sheets. Unbeknown to me, or what I suspect the purge has deleted most of the work out of the model space. For some idiot reason I think the All Sheet Layers box was checked for Objects Outside of Page Boundaries for:

So when I created a viewport suddenly there was nothing there. I used all the undo's but nothing, reverted to saved but that was after I'd done the purge, and the backup file doesn't have it on either!

I'm not using Time Machine at the moment, so the only back up is to OneDrive, but that is the same version of the last save.

Do I have any hope of recovering this, or is 2 days work gone!!?? Oh the drama.

Unsure how to get this back but...

Turn on Vectorworks internally backup and get it to say keep the last 10 backups around for that file.

Next set it operations not minutes. Ok this one is personal preference but it's amazing how some times 10 minutes can be super productive but other times and hour can be lost to meetings, markups and waiting for render deleting the back up you really need.

7 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

I set my backups to keep the last 30, it's only storage space and the pc & server has heaps. I set my undos to 100, for same reason. I would rather have too many than not enough. Make the computer work, that's what its for.

Cheers, yes indeed, wise words. In 8 years of practice on my own I've had clones of the hard disk, time machine backups, cloud backups, and 100 undos. However having moved home, I've not properly set up the office, and so the Time Machine for example was not in operation this week - that saves you having to have 30 backups as it saves a version every hour.

Not the end of the world, in really looking at it I've got about 6-8 hours drawing work to do over the weekend. Lessoned learned. Could have been worse.