LIR: Time / Cost

CharlesD

I couldn't seem to find documentation for the changes to the default Light Info Record in 2017.

Off the bat I've noticed:

Time

Cost

Fixture Mode

Are there any others I'm missing?

I'm also curious for everyone's thoughts on how to use Time / Cost / Fixture Mode.

Time

What is time? Is this for installation labor estimates? Or is this like Lamp Hours? Or what?

Cost

Are you guys doing street value to purchase? Rental cost per day? Per week? It all seems so variable... what's the point?

20 minutes ago, Rob Books said:

Time and Cost are user fields to do with as you feel you need to do.  any of the options you listed can be put there.

Fixture Mode is what the Export to Vision, or Open with Vision uses to tell Vision what fixture to use in Vision.  It will auto-populate a list of different Modes for a fixture based on the Instrument type field.  if it can not find a match in the database, or if you want it to be something different you can change it, but that is only for that unit.

Rob.

RE: Fixture Mode

Good to know that's a vision thing. I could see it being helpful as a data field in general though. I've noticed a few issues with the fixture modes menu though. Like multiple fixture modes with the same name. It's not possible to tell the difference between five identical items.

MBP mid-2015/2.8 i7/16/1TB/Radeon R9 M370X/OS 10.11.6

hello, Charles;
Yesterday, I ran into your not-possible-to-tell-the-difference issue. In my case, it wasn't at all obvious in the software, but I could grab a lower corner and resize the window that displays the 'other…' modes. At that point, I could see that there was additional text, and make an informed choice between modes. At least in the case of the Martin instruments I was fooling with.
Note that that was in SP1. Since updating to SP2 this morning, I've not been able to get the Fixture Mode popup in the OIP to do a bloody thing but briefly resize the fields in the OIP, and then return to normal, with no ability a-tall to change fixture modes.

Support tells me that was a problem in SP1, but was fixed in SP2. If you're on SP1, bear this experience in mind if that's an important feature for you.

It would certainly be useful for me if it worked.

-andrew

www.saboedraws.com