Structural Member Label Text?

Itchy

Trying to get a label on the structural member (SM) just like the Framing member (FM), ideally for it to pull the profile size direct from the object but I can't seem to find out how to?

FM just selected Label text and I would then write in the size. With the SM there is a member ID, but then not sure how this gets displayed? I tried the ID label tool but it doesn't seem to pull any info from the SM?

• 4 weeks later...

I gave up on the SM, and even the FM notations as it was limited in what i could do. I ended up having separate text boxes so that I could control the class and rotation of the note. I did notice that you could change the object rotation and the structural rotation to put the text at a 45° angle - but when exporting to IFC the structural rotation isnt taken into acount all my columns where off by 45°, another limitation on the IFC was the bevels and mitres don't come through...

• 1 year later...

This is crazy! Trying to use the structural member tool in a real world project and just realised we can't show labels on the drawing! Oh the promise.. 2 years ago.

Surely this is a simple thing that doesnt need to be wishlisted!? Maybe release it for a SP? Anyone else using the structural member tool to an advantage?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, twk said:

This is crazy! Trying to use the structural member tool in a real world project and just realised we can't show labels on the drawing! Oh the promise.. 2 years ago.

Surely this is a simple thing that doesnt need to be wishlisted!? Maybe release it for a SP? Anyone else using the structural member tool to an advantage?

I'd be surprised if you couldn't label it with the new Data Tag tool in VW2019.

Kevin

• Like 2
  • 5 years later...