Knowledgebase Upgrade

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello!

We will updating the knowledgebase relatively soon (I expect within the next two to three weeks) This is a good thing. However! There is a possible thing that may occur that I want to head off early: When I make all of the currently hidden articles live, it may very well add a thousand-some items to your Activity stream. This isn't dangerous or anything, but it is a possible annoyance. To avoid this ahead of time if you use a custom stream configuration, remove "Articles" from your settings like so:

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 5.10.36 PM.png

However after the upgrade, I recommend turning them back on so that you are alerted to new articles as we add them, since we tend to put useful and important info there and will probably do it more frequently under the new system.

If you don't have a custom stream but do get an explosion of Activity notifications, you can clear them all by clicking Knowledgebase at the top of the Forums (Not right now, for now that still goes to the old kbase.) and then when the new Kbase goes live, you will see this button near the top:

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 5.06.11 PM.png

Clicking that button will remove the activity alerts for all of the articles imported from the old kbase without messing with your read/unread list of forum topics. again, this isn't dangerous but I wanted to try and head it off early. I have a few possible tricks that may avoid this happening altogether in which case it will seem like nothing happened at all, except you will start to find kbase articles in addition to posts when you perform a forum search, reducing the number of places you need to look to find important info which I consider to be a good thing.