Editing Plugin Defaults Reverting?

I have tried on several occasions to edit defaults on several plugins but once I exit the plugin manager, they seem to revert back to the original defaults.

Example:

I change the chord profile on straight truss from square to round. When I insert a straight truss, the chord profile is square. When I reopen the plugin manager, the default has reverted back to square.

In order to do this I open the plugin manager, select straight truss, click customize, select chord profile, click edit, change the default value to round, click ok, click ok again, then click close.

Has anyone experienced this issue, or is there something im doing wrong in this process?

Got in touch with VW support.  Posting the fix below in case anyone else runs into this issue. Note that some of this is specifically tailored to a Windows machine booting Windows 10.

This may be a permission issue with changing the settings on the plug-ins. If you open a file explorer window, navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2017\Plug-Ins

Right click on the Plug-Ins folder and choose Properties. Go to the Security Tab, highlight “Users” in the top half and click Edit. Highlight “Users” again in the top half and check the option for “Full Control” in the bottom half. Click OK out of the dialogs and restart Vectorworks.

Edited by GlueDT92
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 11/28/2016 at 0:10 PM, GlueDT92 said:

Got in touch with VW support.  Posting the fix below in case anyone else runs into this issue. Note that some of this is specifically tailored to a Windows machine booting Windows 10.

This may be a permission issue with changing the settings on the plug-ins. If you open a file explorer window, navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2017\Plug-Ins

Right click on the Plug-Ins folder and choose Properties. Go to the Security Tab, highlight “Users” in the top half and click Edit. Highlight “Users” again in the top half and check the option for “Full Control” in the bottom half. Click OK out of the dialogs and restart Vectorworks.

THANK YOU! I was wondering how to do this for a while! :D

Kevin Lawson