VW Behavior : Questions I ask to myself while working

Why does VW

FBX work on exporting for several minutes but presents me an empty FBX file at the end,

without any excuse ?

Why do VW's

Extrudes have or need an own internal coordinate System (like a Symbol) at all ?

Why do VW's

Extrudes have or need show and realign the view when switching into edit mode ?

Why do VW's

Extrudes use the distance from world origin as rotation center for their rotations when they have an own

coordinate system. Why not a nearer center like the "insertion point" as Symbols do ?

Why do VW's

Extrudes don't suppress Clip Cube view when in their editing Mode ?

Why do VW's

Extrude editing mode prevent snapping so that only "any point" on edge is snappable, if at all

or no smart point appearing ? 

Given that all combined together in Extrude editing mode results in,

Grid inside the extrude's boundary does not fit the Grid of the environment or even changes between

both when zooming. Own coordination system plus rotation went out of Clip Cube area in world position

and can't see your 2D Extrudes's geometry. Or sits no more over environment geometry and you can't see

environment geometry under your Extrudes components.

What happens inside VW

in any Lists when a Palette like Camera's Edit was opened and after changes accepted with an OK will makes

jump/scroll the List to a new position where selected object gets positioned to the lower end of the list's window

and you have to scroll each time manually again to edit the following objects below ?

What happens inside VW

when the DL View Window's Orientation and/or Render Mode switches to any other arbitrary Mode

after an FBX or C4D was finally exported ?

What brakes VW

so that easy commands like editing 3D Source Polys in a DTM, like adding or deleting points, lags more

then me as on old man could and would like to click ?

(Possibly just the delay setting for smart points, influencing the cursor mode switch for Poly Edit ???)

Why does VW

switch to standard 3D Modify Tool when trying to edit more than one 3D Poly and selecting multiple at once,

so that I will lose my Z Height when moving or adding points ?

Edited by zoomer
4 hours ago, zoomer said:

1. Why does VW

FBX work on exporting for several minutes but presents me an empty FBX file at the end,

without any excuse ?

2. What happens inside VW

when the DL View Window's Orientation and/or Render Mode switches to any other arbitrary Mode

after an FBX or C4D was finally exported ?

Interesting,

for 1.

when trying to look for geometry as potential problem reason and export 2 x half of desired Layers

separately, I will get the FBX content for both of them (1x 70 MB and 1x 260 MB FBX)

If I try both parts at once I will get a 0 MB FBX.

for 2.

For each unsuccessful export attempt I will get another red "CineRender (not responding)" process

in my Activity Manager.

All of these red "CineRender (not responding)" process will stay open after VW has been shut down.

BTW

C4D Export works flawless.

But I use standard export for C4D but "By Textures" and without Symbols for FBX.

Edited by zoomer

Whenever I import an xref - or bring in a cad file - I get an UnDo history clear....there have been other instances but honestly I cannot remember what I was doing.. 

Update:  reason why this is a pain - is sometimes I import a CAD file for temp use....but should I need to undo some work - I can't because undo history is cleared.  

Edited by benboggs
15 hours ago, zoomer said:

And I always thought it would be only the DWG import that can't be undone .... have to care about this in future.

Barkest, great !

I even hadn't any Idea there could be any way out of a Fillet.

I always deleted these and created new geometry from scratch ....

+!!!

Or,

How is Selection organized that the Drag/Selection Tool sticks to the Grid Snapping Points

when I try to draw my marquee ?

Which makes sense for Dragging (?*) but never for a Selection.

* Does it really make sense for Dragging ?

Shouldn't it only focus on Object Points - until you start Dragging to position B ?