WInXP Pro Network ?

Chris T

I want to upgrade from VWA10.1.2 to VWA10.5

At the office is a network running WinXP pro. I have asked the IT guy to upgrade VWA he "say" that on a notice board it said VWA has problems with the network.

He does not want to upgrade all the workstations and goes not want to just upgrade my station. He wants to wait till VWA10.5 is upgraded.??

He said that upgrading just one computer causes problems with the licenses. Whoever there are 3 Mac?s connected to the network, which has already upgraded to VWA 10.5 and has no problems.

Could you give me a word on any know problems as I have described.

Thank you

The problem is when the serial numbers are all installed on every computer.

The macs are all up to 10.5 so the problem doesn't happen on the macs .. and the macs use a different set of serial numbers so they can't interfere with the PC group.

The 10.5 computers don't recognize 10.1.x instances running. When VW launches, it finds the first available serial number (when all the SN's are installed on all computers). If that serial number is also being used in VW 10.1 - you won't know until later in session of VW.

So if you are the only one that wants to update to 10.5 - you need to pick one serial number and use that on your version of VW. Do not add the list of the other serial numbers.

That serial number also needs to be removed from the serial number list on the other computers still running VW 10.1.2 as to not make it available to them.