Erratic Rendering Errors

I've been working on rendering a show, and all has been going fine except for this one.  Sometimes the floor shows up glossy white as intended, and sometimes I get these orange and red stripes.  When the stripes appear I also lose all shutter information for my lights.

I've tried restarting VW, restarting the computer, changing out the instrument, focusing at another point, all to no avail.  It's completely unpredictable. 

Is there something I can reset?  Some cache that can be purged?

thanks

EQL Plot 2016 render.pdf

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, rDesign said:

@JimW- could this be related to the bug described in this thread where linework sitting on the surface of a 3D object causes weird rendering artifacts? (images in that thread need to be re-attached).

That was my first guess, but the lines seem so clean and regular, normally when you have coplanar geometry its a sort of random diagonal meshing or at least jagged edges. I mean, that is still the most likely culprit but it seemed odd.

@Brandon Wardell If you can't send the file in, try moving your glossy white floor up maybe 1/8th of an inch by itself (ungroup it if its grouped with anything else before moving it) and see if the lines are affected, if it is as @rDesignguesses then the appearance should at least change somewhat after doing that.