Vectorworks Design Summit - 2017

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Screen_Shot_2016-11-16_at_4_32.09_PM.png

The 2017 Design Summit is on the calendar! September 18th through the 20th, 2017 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel, 700 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, MD.

You can sign up HERE to be kept informed of the details as they become public. I would also very much appreciate you visit THIS PAGE and click the "I Have an Idea" button, and choose which of our proposed topics that you would want to attend a session for. If you don't see what you want on the list, please add it. The breakout sessions are not yet set in stone, so now is the time to speak up!

This year we elected to double down on the time spent preparing training materials and content for you to enjoy that include new features we plan to add in Vectorworks 2018. Also, this time we picked a venue much closer to our offices in Columbia MD, so it'll be even easier for us to bring more of our people to meet you all, share a few drinks, enjoy delicious food, and answer your questions.

Well from where I sit, having the Design Summit in April and then having Vectorworks release a new version less than 5 months later is like having two releases per year, the stress of which was not insignificant. I suspect that may have been a large portion of the reason for moving it but I was not told this explicitly. In any case, as zoomer said it will make it much easier since I won't have to be so overly secretive as I would otherwise have to be about development things. 

No worries about lack of sneak peeks at the event itself however, we will still be showcasing the bid current and future R&D stuff like we did in the previous two years. 

• 1 month later...

Loved the Chicago one, both for what the conference was, and also a chance to visit my childhood home town.  I love Baltimore, and will probably attend for the combo gathering and setting as well.  That said, I understand both the September logic, and, perhaps once every 18 months or bi-annual would make it more likely for regulars to attend anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone who already knows for sure they're going to be attending the Summit but haven't gotten tickets yet, I suggest you do so during the "Pre - Early Bird" special that we are running until April 30th, apparently the discount is significant. Details on the main Design Summit page.

(Where does it end?! Extra Early Bird? ProtoBird? LateLateBird?)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 2:27 PM, Andrew Davies said:

Will any of the workshops be available online post event?

I'm fairly certain my session on rendering will, we are going to attempt to capture as much live as possible but I don't know the specifics yet.

• Like 1

I’ve registered for the Summit in September and have done so for the early bird special which would give an extra event ticket.

How do I get that second individual registered seeing also that you choose training sessions ahead of time?  During the online registration

there was no mention of an early bird situation.  I could add a guest but that was for the Tuesday night event.

Any clarification on this would be great.  The individual in question is a fellow coworker.

9 minutes ago, Markvl said:

I’ve registered for the Summit in September and have done so for the early bird special which would give an extra event ticket.

How do I get that second individual registered seeing also that you choose training sessions ahead of time?  During the online registration

there was no mention of an early bird situation.  I could add a guest but that was for the Tuesday night event.

Any clarification on this would be great.  The individual in question is a fellow coworker.

Checking now!

Hey @JimW,  originally I emailed Tara Grant as her name was at the bottom of the confirmation email, but I got no response from her.

Any word on the above?  I know this is not your department.  Perhaps a direct phone number that I could call?  I don't know how this has

worked for others as I can't see me being the only one.

Thanks!

@MarkvlWould you mind checking junk/spam? It looks like she replied, if you don't find anything let me know, the reply should have been around 2:55PM EST. 

For anyone else asking, if this is your situation, simply email tgrant@vectorworks.net and she can make any needed changes and get any add-on guests registered for courses.

26 minutes ago, Rossford said:

Tara replied to me quite quickly, and I am now signed up.  Only problem is, after looking at classes I signed up for, I got a bit mixed up and have a few overlaps. I hope that is just to get a general idea of what room size needs to be?

Mainly yes, there are a few different room options and we may shuffle them if we get way higher or lower than expected interest in certain classes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...