Stair tool for 2017

Andrew Mac

I often stayed away from the stair tool and would like to use it more.  I had a question about when setting the stairs in a 3 story home, do I place the stair on the basement level or do I place in on the first-floor level.  The same would be for the stairs going up to the 2nd and 3rd story.  Where would i place the stairs

I always place it from the level I'm starting from.  So in the case of a 3 storey home.  I'll place a stair model in the basement level and main floor level.

The tool gives you the ability to choose how to show the stairs in the level below.  So in the case of the upper floor level you'd have under the 2D Graphics Tab the Upper floor checked

and the layer chosen as the upper floor (the terminology you use to describe your levels of course may be different.) and the display set to "Plain (no break)"  The 2D stairs will show themselves

on the upper floor level in Top/Plan view even though all other layers are turned off but in a 3D view there will be nothing there because the actually 3D geometry is on the main floor level.

Cheers.