"Edit Design Layer" from a sheet layer oddity

RGyori

Question

I would be interested if others can duplicate the following behavior in VW 2017:

1. Open a new document and create some arbitrary shapes then convert them to a symbol (design layer-1).

2. Create a Viewport containing the symbol. (Sht.-1)

3. Create design layer-2 and add some new shapes, text, etc. positioned so they will overlap the original design layer shapes from step 1.

4. Return to the sheet layer containing the symbol and select design layer-2 to be fully visible.

5. Return to Sht.-1 and right-click on the objects from design layer-2 , select Edit Design Layer and you will be taken back to design layer 1 NOT 2. Every time.

If you replace the symbol created in step 1 with drawn objects, the Edit Design Layer command in step 5 works as expected.

Furthermore, if you place the objects created in step 3 so they do not overlap the design layer-1 objects, then the Edit Design Layer command works as expected.

The problem appears to stem from using a symbol in a viewport. This is problematic for me since I frequently use floor plan symbols over which I layer power and signal plans, finish plans, etc., and control visibilities from the sheet layer OIP.

I exported the same file to VW 2016, opened it in VW 2016 and the result of step 5 takes me to design layer 2... as it should be. No problem using a symbol.

Thanks for any observations!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet