Section line markers, detail markers, drawing labels, how to control

grant_PD

Question

When I insert a section line (create section viewport), I choose the section line marker I want.  But the fill always defaults to my current class, which has a white fill.  How do I set the section line marker to always default to a dark fill. 

When I choose a detail marker, I see the option to set the leader line weight, but not the line weight of the detail marker as well.  How do I set that default? 

When I insert either of these, the drawing label defaults to the active class.  How do I set it to default to the class I want?

I feel like I want to go into the default library that VW is pulling these things from and delete all other options than the ones I want, and set their classes manually.  Is that possible? 

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Generally, deselect all objects in the document, then select the tool you wish to change the defaults of. Set the desired attributes in the attribute palette BEFORE drawing with it, then draw out an object, which should display the attributes you picked. This should now set the defaults for that tool if the tools preferences do not include settings for default values.

For what it's worth, I find that the Section Lines that's created when a Section Viewport is created are a little buggy. The Marker is  fine if one leaves them alone & don't amend them but if one needs to alter the Section's location, even slightly, or if they move where the Marker occurs, Zaniness ensues! As a result we tend to not use the auto generated Marker, rather set it's class to a class called Notes-Hidden & instead add a marker in Annotation. It would be nice not to have to do this and rather to be able to consistently rely on the baked in tool.