10.5 Worksheet & Other 10.5 Problems

I just noticed that when I try to use my previously established Worksheets in 10.5 there are some serious problems. When I try to fill in a door number it gives me this " ######" (note that this is not an allowed space problem-ther is plenty of room for the data) and when I try to fill out something else in the schedule I get this " 1.010e+2". What gives? Anyone have this experience?

Note that when I go back to 10.1.2 with the same file, there are absolutely no problems with the same worksheets.

This is very disapointing-I thought that this was a major update. These are not the only problems with 10.5-there seem to be many more bugs.

I am working on a Mac G4, dual 500mhz, 1.5gb ram, Mac OS 10.2.6 and dual monitors.

Suggestions from anyone will be appreciated. In the meantime, I will go back to 10.1.2.

Thanks!

Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect

Sam,

The ######, as you note, is typical notation when a number string is too long for a cell. Your other problem is that a number is being expressed in scientific notation (1.010e+2 = 101).

For some reason, it seems that 10.5 has changed your number formatting. You probably need to reformat. I'd bet that the ###### cell contains a number that in its current format is, in fact, a longer string than you expect.

[ 09-25-2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]