Jump to content
minotto

Site model shows over Roadway

Recommended Posts

I searched the forum for an answer but to no avail.

I'm using the NURBs Roadway tool on a site model with pad and grade limits selected but the site model does not conform to the curve of the road as if the pad and grade limits were not working.  Can anyone tell me why?

NURBSroadway.png

Share this post


Link to post

Have you created a grading limit around the road (site modifier tool)?  My models always look wacky like this until I have placed a grading limit, but I'm not sure how that applies to the NURBS road.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is this Open GL if so set the open GL options to Very High and see if it changes.to High

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Try turning off the automatic Boundary (AKA Grade Limit) and draw your own instead. Try an offset of a couple feet to start. Make sure to Update the Site Model with each change. If you think about how a real road might be built (by a guy on a D9, or whatever) you'd have to expect a) less than a vertical slope on the uphill side (in other words, the Boundary moves uphill); and b) at least some sluff on the downhill side (Boundary  moves downhill). Post back with success story. Or more questions. Site Modeling can be very challenging. Lots of trial and error.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/12/2016 at 6:33 PM, J. Wallace said:

Did you update the site model after creating the road?

sm.png

Yes i did but to no avail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2016 at 11:00 AM, kufuffin said:

Have you created a grading limit around the road (site modifier tool)?  My models always look wacky like this until I have placed a grading limit, but I'm not sure how that applies to the NURBS road.

The roadway has grading limits and a pad built into it as an option and i have these selected.  I've also tried deselecting and adding a grade limits but to no avail.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Is this Open GL if so set the open GL options to Very High and see if it changes.to High

No change.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

Try turning off the automatic Boundary (AKA Grade Limit) and draw your own instead. Try an offset of a couple feet to start. Make sure to Update the Site Model with each change. If you think about how a real road might be built (by a guy on a D9, or whatever) you'd have to expect a) less than a vertical slope on the uphill side (in other words, the Boundary moves uphill); and b) at least some sluff on the downhill side (Boundary  moves downhill). Post back with success story. Or more questions. Site Modeling can be very challenging. Lots of trial and error.

Ok thanks everyone for the suggestions.  Silly mistake on my part.  Site Model 3D display was set to Existing, not Proposed.  Problem solved.

Edited by minotto

Share this post


Link to post

That happens so often. Even nearly in every second Landscape Webinars by Pros.

" .... and now I have to update my site model and now ... ohh ... it didn't ... - .... ah, I had my ...."

 

I wonder if there could be any way to prevent users from it in any way ?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...