Site model shows over Roadway

minotto

Try turning off the automatic Boundary (AKA Grade Limit) and draw your own instead. Try an offset of a couple feet to start. Make sure to Update the Site Model with each change. If you think about how a real road might be built (by a guy on a D9, or whatever) you'd have to expect a) less than a vertical slope on the uphill side (in other words, the Boundary moves uphill); and b) at least some sluff on the downhill side (Boundary  moves downhill). Post back with success story. Or more questions. Site Modeling can be very challenging. Lots of trial and error.

• Like 1
On 11/14/2016 at 11:00 AM, kufuffin said:

Have you created a grading limit around the road (site modifier tool)?  My models always look wacky like this until I have placed a grading limit, but I'm not sure how that applies to the NURBS road.

The roadway has grading limits and a pad built into it as an option and i have these selected.  I've also tried deselecting and adding a grade limits but to no avail.

18 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

Try turning off the automatic Boundary (AKA Grade Limit) and draw your own instead. Try an offset of a couple feet to start. Make sure to Update the Site Model with each change. If you think about how a real road might be built (by a guy on a D9, or whatever) you'd have to expect a) less than a vertical slope on the uphill side (in other words, the Boundary moves uphill); and b) at least some sluff on the downhill side (Boundary  moves downhill). Post back with success story. Or more questions. Site Modeling can be very challenging. Lots of trial and error.

Ok thanks everyone for the suggestions.  Silly mistake on my part.  Site Model 3D display was set to Existing, not Proposed.  Problem solved.

Edited by minotto