grant_PD

double line polygon tool to finish closed properly

Question

This corner effectively ruins all of the time saving the tool provides.  It needs to finish without the diagonal facet.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Yes, there should at least be an option to show/hide the "end cap"  segments for start and finish nodes, by default it should not show at all when it is closed for polygons.

It can be solved by setting the double polygon tool to use lines, but that is of no use if you need it to be a proper polygon object.

I'll vote for this, but it's not too time consuming to do this in line mode and then compose the lines into 2 polygons and clip with the inner one.

Edited by P Retondo

Jimminie Crickets I believe we have an answer and a tool I really haven't used before but will now having thought through quite a few objects I could use this for.

Thanks  @Alan Woodwell

Agreed, too many extra clicks needed. Request submitted. VE-97162

On 08/12/2016 at 7:45 PM, Alan Woodwell said:

Would be nice but the way I solve it is to use the 'Show Hide Edge mode and its gone.

Capture.JPG

Which means if they fixed the default behavour on one misses out if on rare occasions they really do want that corner.

Although can't for the life of me think why you'd want just that one corner and not want all the others as well.

Edited by Matt Overton