Site elevation labels

aa.schump

All:

I am hoping someone can assist me with the site elevations labels for a project I am working on. This is my first attempt with the AEC site model which is working pretty well with the exception of the labels. It is a huge area, about 155 acres, wich may be a part of the problem. All site model 2D settings seem to be in the default position, but I can't see the labels in the design layers or the sheet layers. I'm sure its a simple box somewhere, or the site area is just too big.

Any help would be much appreciated.

screen-01.jpeg

screen-02.jpeg

I would think your text would need to something in the neighborhood of 12 units tall....my math might be wrong, but if you want text that is 1/4" tall (assumption) and your viewport is 1:48 then your text would need to be 12 units tall........no clue how many pixels etc.  Make sense?  But if your layer scale is 1:48 and your viewport are the same - then how you see the text is how it would appear in your viewport.  at least that is what it does for me.   

You can also (in 2017) set text height to be in page inches(mm).  This is pretty easy way to say you want your text to be 1/4" tall.    

To be honest - I am probably the last person to give advice on here - but when I try to help others it helps me learn as well.  So I apologize if I am complicating things!

Edited by benboggs