Windoor ID More Options

With the windoor tool you can set different ID symbols depending on what schedule they are, eg door, window etc.

Im thinking my query isn't possible but will ask anyway.

First query: Is there any way to add more than just a second field for the ID, eg in the image I have selected Unit width x unit height

I would also like to have a field for head height and possibly another one such as User Additional Info so that I can enter a lintel size.

Second query: The ID shown in the image is great for a floor plan at 1:50 however in the elevations which are at 1:100 the text is too small and has the second line of information which isn't required.

Have tried to edit the ID symbol in the resource browser and make the second line of text have a different class, however this had no effect and still reverted to the visibility and attributes of the none class.

Capture.PNG

On 10/11/2016 at 1:12 PM, Josh NZ said:

First query: Is there any way to add more than just a second field for the ID, eg in the image I have selected Unit width x unit height

I would also like to have a field for head height and possibly another one such as User Additional Info so that I can enter a lintel size.

Second query: The ID shown in the image is great for a floor plan at 1:50 however in the elevations which are at 1:100 the text is too small and has the second line of information which isn't required.

1. Not that I am aware of. Have you looked at  http://www.ozcad.com.au/training/training-videos.php for Windoor tips? Or have you contacted Julian at OzCAD?

2. Don't think you can change the symbol from one view to another. Have you tried using a text style attached to the 'WD-ID' class and scaling the text between different views that way? Just a guess.

On 12/11/2016 at 1:57 AM, Tom Klaber said:

What is that?? Is that Win Door?

My Window door tag dialog is not nearly that detailed.  

Windoor rocks... And unless you have an Au/NZ version, you are not allowed to have it! ;) The way I understand it was that Julian used to sell it as a stand alone product internationally, but it was too much to support, and so now just for those down under.

On 11/13/2016 at 2:20 PM, Diamond said:

Windoor rocks... And unless you have an Au/NZ version, you are not allowed to have it! ;) The way I understand it was that Julian used to sell it as a stand alone product internationally, but it was too much to support, and so now just for those down under.

Vectorworks - pay this man his money - and get us all Windoor - please!

Edited by Tom Klaber
  • Like 1

Thanks for that BG.

I have viewed that video, while you can add more info there is no option to show that added info on the ID without sacrificing another piece of info.

The info can all be displayed in a worksheet which is handy.

On plans thou often need to show more info on a window ID, such as the Number, type, size and lintel.