Projection mode settings

Robinchs

Hi there,

I appreciate the range of 3D projections available in Vectorworks, quite unique! My problem at the moment is that there's only one default Oblique Cavalier 30 and 45 degree mode which distort the model down and to the left (-x,-y) revealing the right and top (x, y) elevations. I was wondering if there are any settings available for these projections allowing me to choose the direction of distortion so that I can see the -y and x elevations for instance. Attached image showing the default cavalier mode. 

Skjermbilde.JPG

Edited by Robinchs

This ( cavalier perspective or high view point ) is an interesting projection mode where the projection allows you to measure what appears to be the depth (length of the object). Use the rotate tool to change the rotation of the image and then use the G key and the measurement should be still the same. Just rotate it.

34 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

This ( cavalier perspective or high view point ) is an interesting projection mode where the projection allows you to measure what appears to be the depth (length of the object). Use the rotate tool to change the rotation of the image and then use the G key and the measurement should be still the same. Just rotate it.

Thanks for the reply. I've attached a rough sketch of what I am looking for, where it looks like the z axis brings the projection of the model up to 45 degrees -x, y whilst maintaining original plan rotation which I was not able to recreate from what you suggested. 

Skisse.png

Yes, yes, yes - please.

That was my first critique when I started with VW.

You can't see anything in a 45/45/90 Isometric.

Every time I switch to a 1/3/7/9 key Isometric View, the first thing I do is to rotate

it again to about 30/60/90 Isometric to be able to recognize my Model.

Any setting option that will default the Isometrics - e.g. from a south-west view automatically

to a south-south-west view would be a great improvement.