Aligning Textures When by Class

The following is a problem that has plagued my files for awhile and im afraid will be a quite a noob problem.

All the walls in my projects are classed Walls External or Walls Internal.

Each class has a render setting to the right and left of wall.

In the attached image I have selected weatherboards as the left render style.

Looks fine apart from at some junctions the textures don't line up.

Im guessing this is because somehow the texture is linked to the boundaries of the object as opposed to more of a world based setting (similar to ho hatches work).

In the Render settings I have chosen auto-align plane for both walls however the two textures still don't line up.

I know I can manually adjust the vertical offset but hoping to find away to have all walls set up when drawing so that regardless of texture chosen they will all line up unless specified otherwise.

Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Texture Alignment.PNG

• Like 1

Funnily enough whilst scrolling down to read your reply I could see only the bottom slither of my attached image.

Noticed the "use world Z for origin". Ticked this for all walls and it seems to have had the desired effect.

Don't know how I have kept missing this, maybe as its separate to the map type and offset V function.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
13 hours ago, Josh NZ said:

Funnily enough whilst scrolling down to read your reply I could see only the bottom slither of my attached image.

Noticed the "use world Z for origin". Ticked this for all walls and it seems to have had the desired effect.

Don't know how I have kept missing this, maybe as its separate to the map type and offset V function.

"use world Z for origin" is the correct way to handle this alignment for the time being.

BG, i did find for a second that it hadnt worked on a a couple of walls, but it turned out I was setting the Z origin for the right face texture not the left face. I think it also made a difference if one was set by component not by object.

In VW2016 you can also use the attribute mapping tool. Just a bit of  a lengthy process to go through each wall/object and adjust. Also the nudge button works with hatches but if you try it with textures it will move the whole wall.

This does seem an issue, without nudging the texture offset to get it to align I would have thought that by setting 2 walls from a Zero RL then adjusting the Bottom offset the texture would align. But alas no as far as i can see.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell