Full screen button Issue - VW 2016 on Mac OS Sierra

PeterT

Question

We are still doing projects in VW 2016 SP 4, and I just got a new iMac running Sierra.  If you hit the green button to expand your window, it goes into full screen mode ignoring the palette margins, and it does not check "Use Full Screen" in the window menu, so there is no obvious way to get out of full screen.  I did find though, if I pull down the Basic tool palette out of the way, then hold the mouse at the top of the window to get the menus, the buttons appear again, and if you hit the green button a second time, it goes into proper full screen mode.

The green button should not put you in full screen modern the first place, and full screen mode should still observe your palette margins anyway.  Also,  you should not have to pull a tool palette out of the way in order to get to the green button again.

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's a new Apple standardized convention unfortunately, we won't be able to change it while adhering to their preferences. Instead, you should be able to double-click on the bar along the top of Vectorworks (next to where the file name is listed, not on it) and that will maximize the window.

However, neither 2016 nor 2017 has been patched to be compatible with Sierra yet, so your mileage may vary until they have.

ALT+click green light will give the old "full screen" behavior by default.

In case you set bar double clicks to "minimize window" into dock, like I do.

But isn't that new green light full absolut full screen behavior happening since

at least 3 OS X versions. Not a Sierra invention.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yep, same thing every time Apple updates, we don't get their final build until the public does so any issues that crop up last minute have to roll into the next SPs. Hopefully they update their practices and start handing out finalized builds to developers earlier so that the compatibility delay isn't so long.