Title Block Font Control

Christian Fekete

Question

I created a new title block but I am not sure as to what controls the fonts used in the title block, it does not seem that the fonts used in the symbol stay as attributed once I insert the title block in a drawing. For example the fonts can be changed for most of the texts once in the drawing by changing the font from the font drop down menu with the title block is selected. At that time the fonts that I attributed in the symbol are not kept but are replace by the font selected in the drawing. The only fonts that seem not to change are the ones used in the "issue" and "revision" block. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Here is  my Title block.vwx

4 answers to this question

Any text block with attributes set to ByClass will inherit the settings of the parent/container Title Block object. To keep the fonts you want make sure that you set the Pen Style to solid (or at least not to ByClass) and your preferred font settings should hold.

Check the Vectorworks Help on Custom Title Blocks for (slightly) more detailed information.

Hi I think the problem stems from the fact that your title block is not a VAA or Sheet title block but a sheet border. I think you need to export your actual title block to the VAA  template file which will lock it all in and can be added from the Program VAA or Sheet template file. Called from the Tools / VAA Title Block. So go to your title block in the resource manager and right click and export and find the program file (Make a copy of your file first) then export your title block to there. When you restart VW and call up a VAA title block you will get a border sheet and then choos your title block. Turn off all your borders and grids as needed to get your sheet as you need. Hope this makes sense.

HTH

Capture.JPG

Capture-01.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Oh yes, sorry but the Sheet Border is that not part of the overall VW rollout. Same principle applies to this, I have a few sketch title blocks in that file. 

I cant change any fonts in the VAA or Sheet Border title block without changing the symbol or in the Program file.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell