VW2017 sp1 export web view error/ not working

MRD Mark Ridgewell

Question

Can anyone help, the 'export web view' command isn't working in VW2017. I've reinstalled VW (twice) and  no joy. The command seems to run, but then it returns an error script box (see attachment). An HTML file is generated, along with a few other files, but when shared by email, it doesn't work (on PC; laptops, or I-phone/ I-pad). Am I doing something wrong?!

My machine uses the dongle version of VW on a PC. Has anyone else had this issue? Really not sure what to do next. Any help gratefully appreciated.

thanks

Mark

VW2017_webview_error.jpg

Edited by MRD2016A
clarity

7 answers to this question

Guest AndrewG

Hi MRD2016A,

I am sorry you are having problems with the Export Web View feature. Can you attach the VWX file that you are currently trying to export? Also, does this happen with every model you try to export? This will at least tell me a little of what is going on. 

There also might be a problem with the dongle-based license, but I am not sure yet. 

I would have to test from my side and see what is going on.

Thanks!

Andrew

Guest AndrewG

Hey Mark,

I am not entirely sure why it would do this, but I just created this link for you of your attached model: https://vgx.vectorworks.net/export-a1478527965979g1478527965979o1478527965979r1478527965979b1478527965979a1478527965979t1478527965979y/WebGlTemplate.html . It looks like it is failing when it is trying to open your file on the browser. So the model should be uploaded. You should also see a url file within the place where you exported. Do you see something like what is attached?

Thanks!

Andrew

url file.png

Guest AndrewG

Hey Rick,

The script responsible for uploading the model is located here: (Vectorworks Directory)/Plug-Ins/ExportWebGl/Scripts/uploader.py.

Once you have found the file, download the zip file, and unzip to get the modified file (uploader.py), and replace the one that is currently there with the one that is attached here.

Then, run Vectorworks, export as normal, and see if that works. If it doesn't work, please report the error message back to me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Andrew

uploader.zip