update: If you use w2K, stay away fr 10.5

jnr

Ok so in 10.5 title block text appears as AGarmond or Courier. Doesn't matter if its a new blank document or an existing file. In an existing file which has Arial text in the title block, if you modify the title block in anyway, it will revert the text to AGarmond or Courier (not sure which it is). I'v now tested it on two different win2000 machines. In the meantime it appears to work fine in win xp. Go figure.

Posted on architectural board:

posted 09-15-2003 11:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I screwed up my installation of 10.5 on my win2k machine. So far the program seems to work OK (so maybe I did not screw it up ) except for the following:

I have a scripted architectural set (36 pages). When I modify the title block from Con Doc C horizontal, to Con Doc C vertical, the fonts in the title block appear to default to the machine default (windows courier?). I have tried to modify them back to Arial narrow (and Arial) with no luck.

So I reinstalled 10.5 in a new folder. No change.

Here's the catch, for kicks I installed 10.5 on an xp machine. The fonts in the title block work just fine. For more fun I installed 10.5 on a second win2k machine (to verify if its win2k or a bad install). The problem reappears. That is, it appears to be a win 2k compatibility issue. I've also tried opening a blank file, and inserting a title block. Same problem.

Am I missing something w.r.t font mappings? If so, how do I change them? I tried messing around with font mappings, and nothing helps. Also bear in mind text in the remainder of the file is fine.

Judging from the message board, it appears there is a 10.5 font compatibility problem for both operating systems.