Altivec

Color Picker Bug

Question

This is another one of those bugs thats been around for years that nobody ever says anything because its so obvious that you just expect it to get fixed in the next service pack, but it never does.  So I'm finally bringing it up!

I'm not sure if this happens in Windows but in OSX, if you use the color picker sliders (i.e.: RGB, HSB...)   VW accepts the colour correctly and all is good.  That is, until you want to edit or tweak it.  If you go back into the color picker, the values you chose are all slightly off.   I have had to resort to writing all my values down so I am able to edit these colours, which is quite ridiculous if you ask me.  I am hoping that this can get fixed really soon.

6 answers to this question

Can you try to set Apple Color Picker to "generic RGB" Mode.

(By the little settings wheel on the right of the Mode Dropdown)

Looks like I have no more Slider and Color Shifts between OS X and VW this way

and it seems that OS X keeps this setting.

• Like 1

Very Interesting zoomer.   Mine was already set to "generic RGB" and I still get that problem.  I tried playing around with it a bit and found that if I switch it over to "Device RGB" I get the values that I originally entered.  But if I exit the color picker and go back in, the setting goes back to "generic RGB" with the wrong values.  So each time I have to manually change it back to "Device RGB" to get my values back.   Thanks zoomer... this helps me out that I at least don't have to write the numbers down because I have a way of getting the values back but this is still a very important bug that affects everyone and needs to be quashed. 

Interesting,

I played with all Modes including Monitor RGB and such.

I also thought that I already switched to generic RGB and it was not working.

But when I tried playing the next time, generic RGB was the only option that worked

with VW - and it still does !

All other Modes seems to switch values for me already if you just switch between HSB and

RGB sliders in the Color Picker itself.

I use an old 30" Cinema Display with a hardware calibrated Profile. That Profile or the generic

Device RGB did not work at all for me and made color switches even worse.

Does it now work because I restarted my Mac Pro a few times the last weeks ?

Edited by zoomer

Is there anything that VW could do ?

Thought that is a OS X thing ....

I'm going to keep pushing it regardless. 

Any system we choose to rely on, if it can not be properly controlled, needs to not be relied on any longer.

• Like 1