Michael Gilbert

2017 Views keyboard shortcuts

Running OS X 10.11.6, In VW 2017, Ctrl+1(numeric keypad) , Ctrl+2 etc. switches views. Is there a way to disable these keyboard shortcuts so I can reassign other shortcuts using Keyboard Maestro?

2017 is way overkill as we pretty exclusiviely work in 2D but need some of the functionality not found elsewhere.

Thanks

Michael

These view change keys are hard coded currently and not user remappable. There is an active request to allow these to be customized: VE-93083

If you go to your workspace Editor you can change what group of keys activate which view.  If I am not mistaken - some shortcuts cannot be changed....but I might be wrong on that.

Go to Tools>workspace editor. Once that window opens you will see 3 tabs. From there you can edit the function keys and their assignments within VW.  Im not sure if you can reassign those keys, but typically if one is already in use,it will indicate so.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 3.08.40 PM.png

For the standard views you can add MORE shortcut keys that also invoke the standard views, but you can't strip the numpad keys default mapping for instance. Things like CMD/(Ctrl on Windows) 3 4 and 5 are mapped to View > Zoom and you can change those in the Workspace Editor.

SOME ONE PLEASE update the views to the arrow keys... UP=front, DOWN=Back, LEFT=West elevation, RIGHT=East Elevation or vise versa.

Bring back the power of the no. pad....Please

regards,

You can activate immediate num pad input in quick settings.

This way I use both.

(I could not live without the 1, 3, 7 and 9 for isometric views)

Thanks for that Zoomer, 

will do, yep i would be at a loss with out the iso, although i use orbit more an more, when its not glitchy.

It seems theres no way round inputing no's on the no pad,

may think about getting an external no. pad in the future,

Cheers