Old Forum Searches...Update

ericjhberg

Question

I am noticing that many of the old forum posts are no longer available. I often will run a google search for help articles relating to topics and find several posted forum results pertaining to my issue, only to find that the articles are still linked through the old forum and I can no longer access them. Since many of my questions have probably been answered at some point, it would be great to access all that information somehow.

The following is a search that yielded a post with the direct question I was looking to answer, but I can't see the answers!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=round up in vectorworks worksheet formula

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yep, just gotta wait on google to catch up. The large majority has already been indexed but it will take awhile for the old indexing to be retired on their end. For now, if you find an answer via google, you can just grab a snippet of the preview text in the body of the article from the google results list and search for that verbatim in ""s here on the forum search and you'll find it pretty quickly.

19 hours ago, ericjhberg said:

I am noticing that many of the old forum posts are no longer available. I often will run a google search for help articles relating to topics and find several posted forum results pertaining to my issue, only to find that the articles are still linked through the old forum and I can no longer access them. Since many of my questions have probably been answered at some point, it would be great to access all that information somehow.

The following is a search that yielded a post with the direct question I was looking to answer, but I can't see the answers!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=round up in vectorworks worksheet formula

Eric,

I believe there are two separate issues here -

1. The old forum posts do exist, they are just at the new forum address so you can't use Google. Try your search again using the new forum search above. It should find the posts you are looking for.
  2. Regarding URL links within old posts, those are technically lost. But, if there's a specific one you are looking for post a link to the thread and include @JimWand he may be able to retrieve the link you are looking for manually.

Kevin

5 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Eric,

I believe there are two separate issues here -

1. The old forum posts do exist, they are just at the new forum address so you can't use Google. Try your search again using the new forum search above. It should find the posts you are looking for.
  2. Regarding URL links within old posts, those are technically lost. But, if there's a specific one you are looking for post a link to the thread and include @JimWand he may be able to retrieve the link you are looking for manually.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, that makes sense. I still don't think I was able to find the post regarding my question through the forum search though. That being said, I did figure out my answer for rounding up...just add 0.5 to the math before rounding and it will round up all the time. That being said I was looking for a ROUNDUP formula similar to the one in Excel. It doesn't exist but the adding 0.5 method is a work around.

As for the search. I have found that google provided better search results in the old forum as compared to the forum search. I haven't used the search that much in the new forum, but when searching this particular question, it didn't return the results as well as google did (granted to the old forum posts). I guess it will just take time for the new forum posts to outrank the results in google search. I did find this morning that Google search did provide links to forum. websites now versus the old techboard. forums. You just have to take notice of the links.

Thanks again!