LamperDave

Best version of Windows for vw2017

Question

Given all the  supported versions,

which is the best?  I've had more stability

from HP machines, don't know if that's common.

3 answers to this question

Do you mean which version of Windows, as in Windows 8 vs Windows 10? or are you talking about hardware manufacturers like HP vs Lenovo?

Thanks Jim.

It should have been asked in 2 parts. 

I'm shopping for a new laptop for vw 2017.  Given all the window choices, which version has given the best experience?

I have had a Dell M6600 for years.  There were all sorts of conflicts with antivirus software and Dell security that had to be sorted out.  This from vw 2013.

Is there a list of known software conflicts of current computers?

Maybe it was all cleaned up in vw2017 or earlier.

Thanks,

David

No reason to go with anything other than Windows 10 really, since Microsoft will eventually force everyone to upgrade. As far as I know no major incompatibilities between Vectorworks 2017 and Windows 10 specifically remain.

No particular brand of laptop I would recommend, the issue with Dell security was a weird one, but easily solved by just removing it. Most of the preloaded junk software on laptops would be the ame, easily removable if it became a problem. 

Make sure it meets or beats these minimums: http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq as well as the recommendations here: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1385/Technical+Support+Graphics+Card+(GPU)+Recommendations and you should be good to go!