benboggs

Angled Dimension in Rotated View

Question

I tried searching for this before posting:  When I try to do an angular dimension of a polyline it doesn't work.  See image 1.  Red line indicates what i was trying to measure.  This is being done in a rotated plan.  However if I set it back to 0 degrees it works.  See image 2.  This is a very quick and dirty schematic plan for a site concept and I wanted to see what the canopy/walk angle was.  Is there a reason why dimensions don't work in rotated view?  I tried this with drawing 2 lines and the angular tool works just fine.  

I know there was another thread about angled dimensions changing when the geometry was changed - but this is something different.  

Image 1.JPG

IMage 2.JPG

5 answers to this question

Ben, it looks like you might be snapping to some hidden line - try isolating the problem the way Alan did with an unambiguous test.  BTW, please include what version you are using!  I haven't encountered your issue, but I haven't downloaded 2017, still working on 2016.

I think the original poster is talking about working in Rotated Plan, not about rotating objects after the fact.

While I can't replicate exactly what is happening for him, I'm also encountering a bug... I can't get an angular dimension to even work on a polygon while in Rotated Plan. It only seems to "see" one side of the polygon. The same polygon dimensions fine when not in Rotated Plan.

Ok, In the attached file if I change to rotated top plan say 65deg the dimension still works the same for me. So possibly I am missing something, maybe ben can post the file.