Angled Dimension in Rotated View

benboggs

Question

I tried searching for this before posting:  When I try to do an angular dimension of a polyline it doesn't work.  See image 1.  Red line indicates what i was trying to measure.  This is being done in a rotated plan.  However if I set it back to 0 degrees it works.  See image 2.  This is a very quick and dirty schematic plan for a site concept and I wanted to see what the canopy/walk angle was.  Is there a reason why dimensions don't work in rotated view?  I tried this with drawing 2 lines and the angular tool works just fine.  

I know there was another thread about angled dimensions changing when the geometry was changed - but this is something different.  

Image 1.JPG

IMage 2.JPG

5 answers to this question

I think the original poster is talking about working in Rotated Plan, not about rotating objects after the fact.

While I can't replicate exactly what is happening for him, I'm also encountering a bug... I can't get an angular dimension to even work on a polygon while in Rotated Plan. It only seems to "see" one side of the polygon. The same polygon dimensions fine when not in Rotated Plan.