Dashed Hidden Lines Disappear When Rotated

Ralph P

Question

Hi,

I've drawn a 3D structure (image 1) and created a Top view viewport on a sheet layer. In both the design and sheet layers, when the object is oriented vertically, setting background render to dashed hidden line works fine (images 2 and 3). But when I rotate it 90 degrees, like I need it to be in my sheet layer for the construction drawing, the dashed hidden lines become incomplete (pictures 4 and 5).

What's the issue here?

Thanks in advance!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

13 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, JimW said:

I am unable to replicate this here, however I am using 2017 SP1. Go to Help > Check for Updates and download/install the latest service pack with Vectorworks closed, then relaunch the application and let me know if it still happens.

Updating shortly - getting my office admin to approve the install.

17 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Are they separate objects or a solid addition? Also, what's the "smoothing angle" set to for Hidden Line?

KM

All pieces are separate extrude objects. Smoothing angle is set to the default at 1.00 deg.

Edited by Ralph P
1 hour ago, JimW said:

I am unable to replicate this here, however I am using 2017 SP1. Go to Help > Check for Updates and download/install the latest service pack with Vectorworks closed, then relaunch the application and let me know if it still happens.

Updated to SP1 and unfortunately it didn't help

8 minutes ago, JimW said:

Send me that file please and I can take a look, I tried with some simple solids but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

Attached it. Copied and pasted the build into a clean file though, problem still persists -  I think sending you my full working file violates some company client privacy clause.

If you absolutely need the original, let me know.

Problem Object.vwx

1 minute ago, JimW said:

Unfortunately I still can't replicate the issue here on Windows 7 or Mac 10.11.6. Make sure to get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net and have them take a closer look.

Then it must be something in my settings, since you opening my file would open it with your native Vectorworks settings, yes?