Sheet Border/ Title Block not linking to title in single file

Asemblance

Question

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with Sheet Titles on Sheet Borders/Titles Blocks.

I've recently set up new title blocks with linked record files, so that the title block takes its name from the sheet name etc. This has been working OK, until I tried to make some changes to the blocks today.

Since this, one of the files I have been working on refuses to link title block to sheet title information etc. I can only assume somethings going on with some broken reference or duplicated symbol id#. I thought I would simply make a new title block in the default sheet border/title block file, with a new record file, and a new name, and use this. However the new block I created still does not work with this one particular file. It DOES work with other files, i.e. if I create a new file, add a sheet border, pick the new title block; this will create the appropriate Sheet no, sheet name etc links.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Anthony

6 answers to this question

Hi again,

I seem to be having this problem with another file! Now using vwx 2017.

I have stripped out the file in question and attached below. If I export the title block from this file to any new file it works as intended, so it must be a problem within the file itself. (Its worth mentioning that this file would originally have been created in vwx 2009, and updated to 2016 and now 2017 - so I imagine this is the root cause of the problem?)

Regards,

Anthony

Vwx_2017_Sheet_Border_Not_Working_AA.vwx

On 11/17/2016 at 5:02 AM, Asemblance said:

Hi again,

I seem to be having this problem with another file! Now using vwx 2017.

I have stripped out the file in question and attached below. If I export the title block from this file to any new file it works as intended, so it must be a problem within the file itself. (Its worth mentioning that this file would originally have been created in vwx 2009, and updated to 2016 and now 2017 - so I imagine this is the root cause of the problem?)

Regards,

Anthony

Vwx_2017_Sheet_Border_Not_Working_AA.vwx

I'm having the same problem.

I've created a custom title block that is an edited version of an the existing USITT vertical.

If I start a blank file, and import a sheet border using a default USITT title block I can then use my edited version.

Something is broken in that symbol.

I've tried everything to get it to work.

OK fine. I recreated it. It wasn't that much work.

If I start a new blank file, and import the symbol, then use the border tool to drop the title block onto a sheet it works just fine.

However when I try to use this new and improved title block on a previous drawing that I had tried using the old title block it won't work.

I have tried deleting all of the borders, title blocks, and record formats associated and then purging, and cleaning house.

Still when I try to use the new and improved title block it won't take the information.

It's sooooo.... frustrating.

What Gives?

Thanks for your answer Andy, for some reason I have only just seen it!

Yes we were stumped by that a few times! I'm guessing the default for this setting is set to 'off' for files created before the feature was supported, and subsequently updated to vwx2017 files.

However we have found a few files which this didn't resolve. I will post one up next time I come across one (fingers crossed - never!).

Edited by Asemblance