Fundamentals and no PDF except thru CUTE???

A bit more than general discussion, its about Fundamentals and the lack of PDF facility which I was not informed about and which is also non existant in the general information before you buy guide. So now stuck with Fundamentals, and having to get CUTE to change VW drawings into PDF.

Problem it I can't find a CUTE pdf writer that actually works with VW 2017 on  mac.  Trying to get some work out so really really upset with VW.

Now stuck with this, having just bought it. Can anyone point me to a CUTE software that actually works, and has worked for other unfortunate Fundamental users..  This is really ironic, you're forced to take on Renderworks when you buy Fundamentals, but the one 'fundamental' item, PDF facility is not there.

hope someone can help.

Also the person that sent me the really helpful message on  Layers, a few weeks back, thank you thank you. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You're welcome! Glad it was helpful info.

No, unfortunately Fundamentals is not capable of exporting to PDF natively. Did one of our representatives tell you that it did? 

To make sure there isn't anything else critical to your workflow you may not have access to in Fundamentals, check the comparison chart and see if you might need to upgrade to a Design series module:

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/Commands_Tools2017.pdf

You can use the Mac's built in Print to PDF function, so you are not completely stuck without PDF capabilities. I don't know if it still offers the capability or not, but Adobe Acrobat Pro used to come with a full PDF printer driver with more capabilities than the standard Mac driver.

VW offers a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you really don't like it finish this project and send it back.

VW will gladly sell you Architect (or landmark or spotlight or designer) for just the difference between what you paid and the regular price.

I don't work for VW, but the previous have been my experience.  If you are going to have to pay money to add the PDF support you want, I recommend you upgrade to one of the industry products They offer a lot of other added capabilities as well.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's a pricing issue, since we license the PDF module from Adobe directly, including that module has to come along with a price increase. So anyone who needs native PDF export would want to use Architect or any of the Design series modules rather than Fundamentals.

21 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

You can use the Mac's built in Print to PDF function, so you are not completely stuck without PDF capabilities. I don't know if it still offers the capability or not, but Adobe Acrobat Pro used to come with a full PDF printer driver with more capabilities than the standard Mac driver.

VW offers a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you really don't like it finish this project and send it back.

VW will gladly sell you Architect (or landmark or spotlight or designer) for just the difference between what you paid and the regular price.

I don't work for VW, but the previous have been my experience.  If you are going to have to pay money to add the PDF support you want, I recommend you upgrade to one of the industry products They offer a lot of other added capabilities as well.

Print to PDF is available in the print menu through OS 10.11. Can't speak to OS 10.12 as I have not yet taken the plunge.  I use it all the time and have had no significant issues, though there was one printer that didn't play well with my pdf's when printed using Adobe Reader but worked just fine when printed from Apple's free Preview app. Hope this helps.