Brian H

Viewport Data Visualization to allow formula calculations

Question

It would be nice if it could be possible to link a formula to a data visualization viewport.
For example- I have a GIS map of a town that I can use to get the lot size and building square footage.  I can calculate the FAR (floor area ratio) of the properties with a worksheet and would like to be able to show the various FAR graphically in a viewport.
I would like to take record values, create a mathematical formula, and apply them to the data visualization viewport.
Another instance of data visualization that I would like to do is to be able to compare a space net/gross area to see if it is greater or less than the proposed area that is required from the programming analysis.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

YES!!! This is the logical next step that allows for more detailed graphical spatial analysis!

My example is map data. I have parcels complete with population data. Dividing population by area gives population density.

A couple of other recent posts on this topic