gmcevoy

Cable Tool

Question

The cable tool needs one of two things.  The cable types and all the related adapters, splays, etc either need to be a user defined list or a whole lot more cable types need to be added to the list.  I would prefer that the list is user defined so that it has the items I use all the time and no extra items.  This provides the optimal performance in a tool that could be so incredibly valuable.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Go to a cable making company like Lex Products and look a their standard adaptors list. Then ask them about the custom versions they do. I would wager long odds that a huge percentage of their work is custom connectors. IE I recent specified a stage pin to edison (NEMA 5-15/20) 2 fer adapter, not a stock item but very common.

This is so true. Try living in New Zealand where we use completely different cables and connectors. plus we have hybrid AC/DMX cables which isn't covered either.