Workaround for redraw issues.

RussU

Question

Hi everyone.

I've stubled upon something by accident, but it does seem to work well, and is repeatable.

I often have to import high poly models, from other designers. Sometimes they've got so much geometry and textures in that VW struggles to draw them. Wireframe is quick, hidden line takes an age, and OpenGL simply won't display all the geometry, often none at all (although you can highlight the not-drawn geometry)

I don't consider this to be a bug, because I am strecthing the limits of the graphics module.

My main issue was not being  able to see everything in openGL...

Easy fix though, set layer options to "Gray/snap others" and make a new layer.

Activate this layer so your existing one goes grey.... reactivate the original layer, and boom!!! everything is there... absolutely everything, with nice frame rates and all sorts.

Now.. This workaround seems to work on other graphic re-draw issues also, not exclusively OpenGL, but also wireframe issues and so on...

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any success on MacOS, as I'm on a PC...

Hope it helps some of you out, and maybe points the dev team towards something more interesting.

Edited by RussU

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet