Rename multiple classes

Uli

Question

Maybe I overlooked it but is there a simple way to rename  multiple classes e.g.

Door_123_green

Door_123_red

Door_123_black

to

Building-Door-123-green

Building-Door-123-red

Building-Door-123-black

With the class and layer mapping I was not able to achieve this or is that the right tool for that job? Than I have to take a closer look.

• Like 2

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 minutes ago, Art V said:

Now where is that sad looking dog face icon when one needs it? :)

This one is coming as well! Just have to have the Creative team do up the icons, the stock ones were a bit too cartoony and clashed badly, I'm expecting them just before the holidays.

Marissa, thank you for your help. My experience with CAD started with MiniCad which then became Vectorworks. But since upgrading to 2016/2017, I feel like I need to take a college course to figure out these new features. I have no idea what Marionette is or what it does. Is your suggestion simple, or am I going to have to spend days to understand Marionette?

I am at a loss to understand why "upgrading software" means that I lose useful functionallity. I was able to go to my Menu Bar and select "prefix classes" and the whole process took less than a minute. Now that I have "upgraded", that menu command is gone. It makes no sense to me.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:02 PM, Kevin said:

I am at a loss to understand why "upgrading software" means that I lose useful functionallity. I was able to go to my Menu Bar and select "prefix classes" and the whole process took less than a minute. Now that I have "upgraded", that menu command is gone. It makes no sense to me.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated in the same way; the VW2018 title block fiasco has cost me a ton of time undoing what it has 'fixed,' and it still takes me twice as long to enter my data.

And there are still basic functions missing from the Resource Manager that were simple parts of the older Resource Browser (showing the currently active symbol, for one that should be simple...)

Sure, it's come a long way since my first copy of VW10, but these issues are why I've hardly been in a hurry to invest in any of the 'new' add-on's, i.e. Braceworks, at least until they've had a year or two to work out the bugs....