bjoerka

VW2017 crash whith cameras

Question

often, not always, VW crashes when i double click a camera with predefined render settings other than wireframe. double clicking the cameras in 2d plan.

i use custom renderworks with three cameras

double clicking invokes the perspective starts with an opengl shading. the spinning teapot does not appear, than crashes

i collected some error reports

@jim

shall i send them over or post them?

Edited by bjoerka

12 answers to this question

Send me one of the files that has experienced the crash please, if you could save it while looking at one of the offending cameras that would be great.

Either there or a direct message to me here on the forums, both would work fine.

If you disconnect the secondary monitor and reboot the machine, are you able to replicate the same crash with those cameras? So far I haven't been able to get it to crash here but I'm still poking at it.

you mean only working with the internal display of my macbook?

i´ll check this...

finally - as i a did some test from my home base without a second screen - it seems that vw does not crash without a second display...

tried it for about 25-30 times in various constellatione to make it crash.

can that be related to a second screen setup?

If you havent rebooted already to remove the second monitor, go ahead and do so then re attach it and see if the same behavior crops right back up but if it doesnt, let me know if it does after awhile.

so...

i didn´t get vw to crash only with the internal macbook display.

but when i got to the office and reconnected the external display i could get it to crash.

after startign vw with the file that i sent you, i double clicked the cameras sevaral times. vw did not crash.

i went on working with other stuff in mail, pages and so on. after about 30minutes i went to vw again, double clicked once on the camera that is right when you watch from 2d plan and vw crashed immediately

i dropped the error report via pm

i forgot to say that i use the external display as standalone.

the lid of my macbook ist closed during all this happens