mac os 9.2 for vw 10.5 uodate

The carbon lib requiredment is version 1.5.

We all have carbon lib version 1.6, that was installed and included with the vw10 cd.

I think who ever wrote the updater for vw10.5 wrote in the script to just look for os9.2. Maybe it should look for carbon lib 1.5 or greater.

If the carbon lib is the problem, can you please pass this message along so they can please fix the updater for vw10.5 to look for carbon lib versions and not for OS version.

This will help out alot of people out there. Thanks for your help.

• Administrator

VectorWorks 10.5 requires MacOS 9.2 or greater for a number of reasons internal to the software. It is a free update as long as your hardware supports MacOS 9.2. If not, then you must either upgrade your hardware or stay with VectorWorks 10.1.2.

Or you can try this suggestion cross-posted from the VECTORWORKS-L:

You might try OS9 Helper at this location . I

had some trouble with it on my Mac clone and went back to OS 9.1, but

it may do the trick with a genuine Apple machine.

Jim Linke

[ 09-11-2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Pharr ]

Katerina

I have been using an upgraded 9500 with a Maxpower 400 upgrade processor. I also tried the system 9 helper. The system 9 helper worked but my 9500 was very flaky and VW 10.5 ran very slow and locked up frequently. Don't waste you time. We have to buy new Macs to take advantage of the VW 10.5 update.

Bob Tiedemann [Frown]