Image mask LED glow

Hi, 

I am using an image mask texture to simulate pixels on a low res, transparent LED panel. Looks alright, but I would like to add glow to show how it looks with content. I don't necessarily need light from the screen on surrounding objects, but at least a bright "lit up" look on the screen itself. Any ideas how to accomplish this? Texture glow options are not doing anything.

Thanks

johnq

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.09.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.57.44 PM.png

The "Glow" option under reflectivity will make the texture appear as if it's 100% illuminated even if light from external light sources is not hitting. Note that you can pump this number above 100% and it'll brighten the image even more (sometimes washing it out).

If you have "Emit Light" checked, the texture will also act as a light source, casting photons onto nearby objects. This will only work if you have Indirect Lighting turned on in whatever render style you're using.

There is no way in Vectorworks (sadly) to make objects have a "halo" type glow - this would be best achieved in Photoshop as Shac suggests. Or this can be done in Cinema4D, a more complex 3D-rendering program.

Photoshop glow helped as it made the pixels bigger, however it looks like the image mask doesn't work with the the semi-transparent "glow" on the edges.

I can not get any light emitted from the object though. Tried a bunch of lighting settings.

Thanks

johnq