Worksheet disapeared

HASSAN

Question

I created a worksheet for light and air calculation on one of the design layers and used in view port to show on a sheet.After few days when I opened that particular VectorWorks file. I could not find the worksheet I created. All I can see is that empty  viewport on that particular sheet and worksheet no more available on design layer neither in resource browser. I am sure that I saved that file after I created that worksheet because I created the viewport after completing work on worksheet and viewport is there but not worksheet. Can somebody please help me with this?

Edited by HASSAN

2 answers to this question

What version of VW?

In the Resource Browser are you certain you have it set to show Worksheet? One of the pop downs on the right allows you to set the types of objects that are displayed. If Worksheets are not there that could be the issue.

I don't know why the image of the worksheet disappeared.  Was it placed on a Design Layer or on a Sheet Layer?

If you open an empty drawing and then use the resource palette to browse the drawing with the worksheet, does the worksheet then show up? I've had it happen in the past that worksheets suddenly no longer displayed and seemed to be missing even though it should still be there. Closing and reopening the document often worked to make it appear again. Once in a rare while I had to import it into a new document to get it back, but that was several versions ago but it might work.