Bug reporting advice?

Don't misunderstand...I'm really happy NNA keeps working hard and putting out new releases. But it's frustrating to report bugs, prepare sample files documenting them, email the files when and where requested, have the problem verified, have email conversations with people with recognizable names on the tech side, and then not see the problem fixed. And it's not all arcane stuff either.

* I have two polylines that added together (Add Surface) produce a crazy result.

* A simple clip surface from a polyline that takes 4 min + to run (if at all) and then is wrong.

* Blend edge that won't.

* Shell solid that won't.

These bugs cost me hours to work around on each project, and I don't know what else to do differently to get them fixed.

You can always email bug submit and/or tech support and have them check the status of the bug.

Please keep in mind that not all bug fixes can be fixed immediately. There are some that take several months to address. Not only that, depending on when the bug was reported relative to the release of the update may also be a reason why it is not fixed in the subsequent available update/release.

Some of the conversations go back to December and relate directly to features being promoted in the new release as newly enhanced. As I said, I appreciate the efforts--I was a Mac developer, I can relate--but when the same bugs persist through multiple releases, it's frustrating and you start to question the time spent to create and submit the files.

Like I said, you can email bug submit and they can check the status of things for you.

You can also contact tech support and they can do the same. To know that it's being worked on or a reason as to why it's not fixed may aid your growing frustration.