Hello Community!

This Saturday, April 11, from 9am – 1pm EDT we will be performing maintenance on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

MHBrown

How to search new VectorWorks forum

Question

This new format has a few problems. First, How do you search? The search field should be above and in the same format as the "Ask A New Question," but it's not.

Thanks,

MHBrown

6 answers to this question

My problem is that it will not activate by clicking in the field but the need to

click exactly on the text on the left.

And it did not find anything until I went into the advanced settings.

But now its's fine.

The search box is here on the top right on every page, rather than down lower where you suggest so that it would have to move on various pages:

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.55.49 AM.png 

If you're on a mobile device it is the large white magnifying glass icon near the top right.

OK, I see it now. You have to click it to reveal the hidden text field. Other associated problems: I don't see a "Reply" field, only answer field, so there is nowhere to simply say "thanks, that solved it." Lastly, the "my stuff" selection is buried inside one of those little three parallel line icons when it was in plain sight before. In general, it seems like this web site was not really thought out. There are lots of problems from a user experience point of view. I'll move my suggestions to another place. Thanks for the help.

MHBrown

It was absolutely thought out. I can understand if you disagree with the design decisions personally, but by no means was this something that was tossed up without concern for use and in no way is it a regression from the previous forum.

Yes, please state the device/screensize (The UI scales based on your resolution) you are using the forum on as well as what you would like to see improved in the wishlist section.

What is the syntax to search the forum? On the last version I was able to search for phrases by separating them with a "+" sign. Or are quotation marks in use now? If so how do I search for exact phrases (multiple word combinations) ? Could someone point me out to somewhere which explains all the syntax in use... thank you

Yep, quotes for exact strings. Basically up to date with modern search engines as most are used to using now.

• Like 1