10.5 - sill line weights bug...STILL...

Hello -

Well, the very first thing I tried was the 'window' tool to see if the sill line weights problem was fixed in version 10.5. Nope. Basically, if you insert a window and the sill depth is greater than "0", the line weight of the sill is the same as the wall when 'use wall line weight' is selected. This bug was submitted by me and many others (see these archives, and the VW USERS FORUM).

Yes, I can de-select the default 'use line weight' option, and manually enter the line weights for the various window components, but I don't think I should have to go through that trouble every time. The whole concept of the 'use wall line weight' (default) setting should be that parts cut in section are the same as the wall line weight, and parts that are not (sill, etc) are the particular class setting. It worked this way in version 9.

frustrated,

Doug,

When you find a bug in the program, in addition to posting it here, a followup email should be sent to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net. That automatically gets put in the bug database for engineer followup. Just posting here doesn't guarantee that the problem will make it to the bug database.

If you sent it in as a bug recently, they can check the status of the bug.

We switched bug reporting software a while ago. So it may be difficult to track because of the conversion process .. none the less, email bug submit and have them look into the problem.

If it needs to be re-entered, they can do that too.