Offset/Uneven Gable roof

Long time user new name.  Dealing mostly in 2D practices but some 3D renderings as well.  I have been able to figure out a bit of the roof tool, and even seen Jonothan Pickups tuturial on the butterfly roof.  Im looking to create an offset gable.  I dont have any info on it other than some photos on site at the moment.  At this point Im just trying to determine the workflow needed to make one.  Maybe some can share their methods or a video? I attached a picture of the garage below.  Trying to match this roof.  Thanks!

VW2016 Architech SP4 W Renderworks

27" Imac

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Screen_Shot_2016-10-15_at_8_15.12_AM.png

Edited by Moto2

Ive had good luck with the roof face so for now Ill proceed with that method.  Another question I have is about the wall framer.  If I choose to add in say a window after Ive run the wall framer command, it doesnt insert into the studs the way it works when you insert into a wall.  In otherwords the wall accepts the opening, but the studs are still in the way.

The only work around Ive found is to simply delete the framer stud objects class and re run.  Seems very un vectorworks to me that the studs don't simply reconfigure? Maybe Im doing something wrong here? Not that deleting the class is difficult. Seems like something that should happen automatically.

Edited by Moto2

Any insight on my question regarding the wall framer command and inserting doors or windows after that command is run? I expected the studs to reconfigure but they dont.  It also seems like after the command is run the studs are created in a new model and design layer, almost like a sub group.

My issue is when something changes its a pain to go in and select that framer class delete and rerun?  Maybe you dont run the wall framer command untill everything in the layout is finalized?

I expected it to work like the walls.  Insert an opening and the wall accepts it, along with the studs.  The studs DO NOT reconfigure when placing a new object in the wall.

Hi, tested this out and could not get it to update, like the roof framer tool I use to get the exposed rafters at the eaves, if i make change to the roof it does not update to follow the roof so I delete the rafters and re run to get new set. Should be altered to link to the roof. (Unless I am missing something)

So it sounds like it should update automatically? Only your seeing this with roof framer and Im seeing it with wall framer. This is a feature Ive never used in the past so I can't say it its meant to work this way or not?

Edited by Moto2