Screen tool and Renderworks Cameras

Keylight Design

Question

Hi there,

For the purposes of rendering stage productions, it would be helpful to have more versatility in choosing screen images with the screen tool.  As an example, I'd like to be able to take a viewport of a Renderworks camera and display it on a screen, so that I can show my clients how different camera positions might effect the IMAG windows or might display on different size screens.  As of now, I need turn the viewport into an image file which is reimported into VW as a Rendtrworks texture.  Thanks.

1 answer to this question

You can create a new texture and change the Image on the screen to your image.

After you render the I-mag shot click on the viewport - copy it- past on to your show folder on hardrive.

create new render texture from image - choose the I mag image, give it glow and hit ok.

choose the screen - click on the edit screen image button- choose your new Image image.  You might need to change the scale of the image a bit depending on the aspect ratio of the image you apply to the screen and the screen size.