VW 2017 SP1 is there

According to the kbase article the libraries catalog update should be fixed, though I am still having the issue of the catalog update not being written when not running VW as admin.

Have you noticed if this got solved on the Mac? If so then there is probably something on Windows that keeps this bug bugging me.

• Marionette Maven
1 minute ago, zoomer said:

I think it works for me on Sierra.
Can't remember any update need warning.

Looks like Jim is on (well earned) holidays.

So no one there that tells developers that they forgot to put a file where a download link is.

http://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/notes/2017SP1_Notes

I made sure to tell the right authorities that it's missing. I'll bother them again in a minute.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MarissaF said:

Please see this post:

So: no, not with confidence then? Is there an idea of when you could say that with confidence? (for the record, in this particular instance, smooth running VW is far more important than the OSX update to Sierra for me)

• Marionette Maven

I'm not sure of the current standing on internal testing, but as soon as we do a final round of rigorous testing with the official release of an operating system we can usually sign off on it.

You can check here http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq to see if the status has changed on an internal standpoint. I haven't seen many 'bad situations' with users on the forums, so far, but they can likely share their experiences with you prior to the official Vectorworks stamp-of-approval.

2 hours ago, MarissaF said:

I made sure to tell the right authorities that it's missing. I'll bother them again in a minute.

Thanks again Marissa.

1 hour ago, mjm said:

Can anyone say with confidence that SP1 works with Sierra?

Looks it it does not work worse than VW SP0 with Sierra.

Little problems with (de)activated Icon Indication here.
Against some Hickups of VW 2017 (or VW in general), I have had also on El Capitan,

for me potential Sierra Problems are inconsiderable.

As early Sierra adopters did not warn of really serious issues so far, I took the risk and it works for me.
(And am happy that my MadCatz Mouse works again, after one year of El Capitan)

If you don't love risks, just wait until final VW Sierra certification.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm back. Time for some smashing.

Vectorworks 2017 Sp1 unfortunately does not alter compatibility with macOS Sierra. If I can't get the proper page up in a timely fashion I'll post the fix list elsewhere, apologies this has been unavailable for so long.

• Like 2