Render Mode and Projection

I can't seem to get Vectorworks to render a 3d model in Open GL and Orthogonal view when I switch from Top Plan view to a 3D view (i.e.: Right Isometric). The model shows in wireframe.

Am I missing something? (screenshot attached)

Also, is there a shortcut (or is it possible to create one) for toggling associative dimensioning on/off.

I found that using associative dimensioning in viewports work well in case you move the original drawing. 

The dimensions will move with the objects in the viewport as apposed to having to move or redo all of your dimensions. Probably nothing new, I just realized it myself.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 3.06.59 PM.png

I don't think so.

(Is this maybe a Sierra thing or are you still on El Capitan ?)

But when I switch to e.g. Wireframe Mode in View manually, it will not switch back to OpenGL when

switching between 3D Views. Only when you use Top Plan View and then switch again to a 3D View.

And I found in VW 2017 (Sierra ?), that if you keep your Default Setting to OpenGL and switch back to Wireframe
all the time manually, after 3 times or so, it keeps Wireframe Setting even if you change to Top Plan View

in between (?)

Regarding the dimensions question... That's under File < Document Settings < Document Preferences - see screenshot below. You'll have to turn it off individually in each file you work on. If you want it to automatically be off when you start a new file, you can open the template from which you start new files, turn the setting off, then re-save the template.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 6.35.01 PM.png