Sheet Scales

Skem

I'm having problems activating layers within sheets and having them retain their scales. For instance.....on a site sheet, I would like to place a building which is on an original layer at 1/8 and reduce it to 16. So I created a new layer and copied the building into it at the new scale of 16. The problem is that once I switch between sheets, (with the same building on different layers for scale purposes), the sheets don't remember which layer is activated on them or which classes have been activated within the layer. Go figure! Any brilliant ideas out there. I've already checked the archives on this subject. Thanks, Susie

Susie, use the "Edit Sheets" command to check the settings for layer and class visibility in the sheets you have saved. Chances are they haven't been saved the way you think they have.

By the way, it is better to use layer linking into an appropriately scaled layer, rather than copying objects, when you want to create a view of something at a different scale. Saves memory and automatically updates!