Sign in to follow this  
FendrickDesign

problems dragging dimensions

Question

Ever since switching to 2017 our office has been having some trouble with dimensions. After the initial three clicks (first point, second point, offset) we can't select the offset to drag it. We can select the dimension only by the sides. 

We've found switching from 2D Plan to Orthogonal sometimes lets us grab and pull, but that's not a great permanent solution. We've also noticed that it doesn't happen in every document, and sometimes within the same document this is the case on some layers but not others. So far we haven't identified anything in common between the files/layers where dragging dimensions works and where it doesn't. Any idea what's going on here?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Same problem, works in some drawings/files, but not in others. Thanks for the orthogonal tip, that should hold me over until they fix the programming error? My only other thought was that the settings might be different in the file I was having problems with, but no luck. Thanks for posting, I thought I was the only one!

You're definitely not alone. I've been scratching my head about this for a few days now. I was really hoping that SP1 fixed the issues, but no dice.